Coconut oil has always be known to be a wonderful and natural way to make your skin and hair glowing, soft and extremely healthy. A small container of unrefined coconut oil is an all-purpose moisturizer great for all skin and hair types. If you want to know Why You Should Use Coconut Oil For Your Hair and Body, then keep on reading.
For Your Hair
Coconut Oil is a God's blessing for hair and is very effective for all hair types. This is probably the most effective conditioner as it helps with damaged hair and encourages hair regrowth.
- Coconut oil can get a bit messy when totally liquid, so its always best to put a towel around your shoulders to protect your clothes from the dripping oil. Note that, you will have to leave this treatment on for a few hours for good results.
- To cover your hair you can either use a plastic shower cap, or a self-warming conditioner cap. Just make sure to choose something you'll be able to keep on for few hours, or even overnight. I usually use a plastic cap, then cover it with my African print head-wrap for safety.
- Measure approx 6 to 7 tablespoons of coconut oil into a bowl. Please note that, the amount of oil you'll need also depends on the length and thickness of your hair.
- Its best to use unrefined coconut oil as the refined oil has additives and is put through processes that remove some of the natural compounds that make it so healthy for your hair and skin. Unrefined coconut oil is full of its healthy and natural components.
It's okay to use more coconut oil than your hair really needs. It's all going to be washed out, anyway!
If you find your coconut oil to be a bit solid, simply put the jar in a container with hot water and it will melt withing a 1 minute or so.
- Now it's time to gently rub the coconut oil into your hair. I always start to apply the oil on my roots, then move on to the top. Use your fingers to massage your scalp and hair.
- Now it's time to cover and hair completely and wait for the amazing results. I always hold my hair together with a hair band for more comfort.
- Now you can get busy with other works while the process is on. Wait at least 2-3 hours before you take the cap off or even better keep it overnight if you can. The longer you keep it in your hair, the better the result.
- Once ready, simply take the cap off your hair and wash it using your regular shampoo and conditioner.
Try it on and let me know how if goes for you!
- Coconut Oil can be used for massage. You can mix your coconut oil with a few drops of essential oil of your choice, then rub it all over your body.
- Coconut Oil can also be used to reduce scars. Rub a good amount of coconut oil over your scars at least twice daily.Over time you'll notice a reduction in size and blend in with your skin.
- Coconut Oil is also known to fight against eczema. Rub it over dry, inflamed patches of skin to sooth the itchiness and moisturize the area.